How Do I set up a Water Account?
A Water Meter Application must be filled out at the Town Office or online and returned to the Town Office
Is There a Connection Fee?
There is a $10 water connection/transferring fee for all water consumers . Renters must pay a water meter deposit of $100 or $150 depending on the size of meter in the house.
Is a Water Meter Deposit Required?
In the Town of Rosthern, all renters of any property must pay a water meter deposit in order to have water services. The deposit must be paid when account is set up.
The rates are as follows:
1) 5/8-inch meter $100
2) 3/4-inch meter $150
3) For commercial users, if average utility billing is greater than Number 1 or Number 2 above, then $300 (such as restaurant)
What Happens to the Deposit if I Move?
When a renter moves out of the house they are renting, the deposit is applied against the final bill and if there is a credit, a refund cheque is issued. Refund cheques of $5.00 or less, are not issued.
Why is my water bill so high?
- plumbing leaks in toilets or faucets,
- an increase of the number of people in the household, and
- watering lawns and gardens in the summer months.
What are the rates*?
Our 2022 rates are:
- Water - $28.00/1,000 gallons
- Sewer - $33.00
- Waste (garbage & recycle carts) - $23.00
- Utility Infrastructure Levy - $28.00
*Residential rates. Please contact our office for commercial rates.
When are utility bills due?
The due date is printed on each utility bill, the last day of each month. Interest of 2%/month is charged on any overdue accounts.
Still don't see you question answered here? Contact email@example.com or (306)232-4826, we will be happy to help answer your question.